Monday, July 2, 2012

Expectations

according to society, we can only make our way up in the world by meeting certain standards. For girls its beauty, brains, and (rarely) personality. For guys its how much weight they can lift, or how much money they can make for their families. Regardless of what it is, we are expected to meet these standards that only result in more material things. Most recently i have been dealing with the expectations of my parents/other adult figures in my life. Being told that you aren't good enough constantly eventually leads to you believing such a ridiculous accusation. But in all honesty, no matter how many times my mother tells me i'm not good enough, or however many times my siblings tell me i need to grow up, there's always that one pair of eyes that sees me as perfect. God. I've spent my whole life living for the approval of others and living my life on egg shells, when in reality, the way i am is exactly the way the Lord intended for me to be. Unconditional love is something that i more than likely will never feel from anyone on this earth, but luckily i have a Father who DOES love me unconditionally and looks down from up above and reminds me that i'm not going through these hard times alone.

Dear high-schoolers,
Dont let this world bring you down. we are going through some of the most influential years of our lives. Who cares if the people you go to school with don't approve of you, you only have 4 years with them, they aren't worth your worries. Don't let all the negativity surrounding you sink in. You're too perfect. Let God take control.
                                                                                                                                  -Lilly :)







No comments:

Post a Comment