Monday, July 30, 2012

Just another hurdle in my life...

Time to tell you guys a little bit more about me. My whole life i have always been into sports, i love watching them, playing them, and everything about them. Sports have always given me a sense of accomplishment. I've never been the best at soccer, but i've never been "bad" at it by any definition of the word. Recently though things have changed. Soccer, the thing that has been with me my whole life no longer makes me happy the way it  once did. I don't love the game as much as i used to and that translates into me letting my team down. Since the season has started i have found myself in some sort of depression. Until literally 10 minutes ago i didn't know what to do. I came up with excuses as to why i haven't been happy with my life. But then i thought, what have you been filling your life with, Lilly? Soccer, hatred, envy, and overall, not what i should be filling it with. It never really occurred to me just how many little things in life i need God for, including sports. Since my season has started i haven't read my bible more than once or twice, i haven't sat down and just talked with God at all, and i haven't let anyone help me by keeping a lot my feelings to myself, or just by being stubborn and not listening to the help they are giving me. (soccer has been going on for a little over 3 weeks now). Its so ridiculous to me. How could i let a sport, a game, come in the way of God, the one who will ALWAYS love me? I'm ashamed, but at the same time, i'm glad i have realized how much i need Him in my life.
       This is what i mean guys. I have come such a long way from this time last year, but my fight isn't over. This journey that i'm on has no end. Thats amazing though, no matter how old i get or how much i invest myself, i can always get closer to God! i can always let Him work through me and use me as a tool to show others His grace and glory. Whether it is being a Young Life leader, or a just friend, i want to share my love for God, as well as His love for all of us.

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.  Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air.  No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." -1 Corinthians 9:24-27 

No comments:

Post a Comment