Wednesday, October 17, 2012

First Step To My Future

as you may have seen in my previous post, i am completely in love with the sport of soccer. a lot of time has passed but i wanted to let you know that my senior soccer season has officially ended. After losing in the first round of the regional tournament, we were sent home with tears in our eyes, well not all of us. Of the 7 seniors on my team, i am the only one who did not cry. Why? My season has been done for over a month.
while playing in a district game i jumped into the air for a head ball, and landed on the outside of my right foot. (i heard a crack...ew) Nothing was broken but i did end up with a high ankle sprain, ending my senior soccer season a month early. when i hit the ground and heard my ligaments crack, i prayed. i prayed harder than i have my whole life. While lying on a soccer field, crying my eyes out, and trying to contain myself, i prayed to the good Lord that i would be able to play again. i prayed that this was not the end of my soccer career. when i made it to the doctor in crutches the next day, he told me that i was done for the season. Heart broken. That is the only way i can describe how i felt. i was in disbelief, why would this happen? i was having the best season of my life. after realizing that i was done with soccer, i committed to becoming a young life leader, and that was the end of that, or so i thought :)
two weeks after the injury i received an e mail from the small college that i had been speaking to about playing for. they were aware of the injury and i was eager to hear what they said. they told me they wanted me on their team "regardless of injury". they offered me a scholarship. the Lord delivered!!!!! My prayers were answered and i am so thankful. i cannot explain how much this means to me. To be able to play real soccer again is a dream that i had kissed good bye. God is so so so good. He has given me a second chance, and there is no way i could thank Him enough.

i would like to apologize to anyone reading this who is not happy that i will be leaving home. especially my YL leaders. i love you all like family, and i don't mean to offend you with my enthusiasm about leaving, however this is a dream come true and i hope you understand that. you all have been amazing to me and i love each of you.

My dreams seem to be working out, but to anyone who reads this, please remember; the Lord knows what's best for you. i once heard a quote that said, "Sometimes Gods greatest gifts are unanswered prayers" i am a strong believer in that. Trust in the Lord with all your heard, and know that He loves you, and is going to do what is best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment